REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR NEW FAMILIES
“We educate for excellence and together we learn to become Disciples of Christ!”
St. Francis Xavier School is a comprehensive private school centered around the Roman Catholic faith. In keeping with the directives of the Bishops of the United States, St. Francis Xavier, a living Faith Community, reaches out to the individual, extending the message of the Gospel. Students have the opportunity to thrive in well equipped classrooms, being instructed by teachers who are licensed by the State of Ohio. Our curriculum meets Diocesan as well as State standards based on best practices. St. Francis Xavier was named a 2011 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the United States Department of Education.
St. Francis Xavier School provides enrichment opportunities through extra-curricular activities and places an emphasis on service education. Differentiation is based on student needs and we provide a positive, safe learning environment to promote faith formation and spiritual, nurtured growth.
Saint Francis Xavier NEW families:
The following steps are recommended of all new families prior to admission to our school:
2. Parents need to complete an on-line application for each child in the family enrolling into our school . After you have submitted the application, please click here to pay your $175.00 registration fee. You will need to put in $175.00 in the amount box. We will also accept paper checks which can be dropped off in our school office or mailed to 612 E. Washington St. At this time it is NOT necessary to create an account. When prompted, please continue as a GUEST. You will get an account after you have been enrolled into St. Francis Xavier School.
3. Call our school office to set up a meeting and a tour with our principal, Mrs. Danene Beal at 330 – 725 – 3345. (This step is ONLY for new families with children entering Grades 1 – 8)
4. Schedule a day for your child to shadow with a classroom with Mrs. Dreama Kellner in our school office. (This step is ONLY for new families with children entering Grades 1 – 8)
5. Provide copies of your child’s report cards, test scores, or any academic services your child may receive. (This step is ONLY for new families with children entering Grades 1 – 8)
6. Arrange an appointment with our pastor, Fr. Tony Sejba. He may be reached at 330 – 725 – 4968. If you leave a message, please state the best time to meet with options of a couple of days. Prior to your appointment, make sure you have completed your on-line application. (click here to fill out the form) and email it to Mrs. Dreama Kellner . (This step is ONLY for new families with children entering Grades K – 8)
5. The following paper work will need to be turned into our school office before acceptance:
Baptismal certificate, Health Form, State Birth Certificate, and Permanent Record Form
St. Francis Xavier School is a Catholic school intended to provide a quality Catholic Education in grades Preschool through Eight to children of families who are registered members of St. Francis Xavier Parish as well as other Catholic Parishes in the area.
1. Parishioners: i.e. children of families who are registered in, attend Liturgy, are involved in service ministry at the parish or school, and contribute to the support of St. Francis Xavier Parish.
2. Catholics from parishes without an elementary school: i.e. non-parishioners who are registered in, attend, and contribute to a parish without an elementary school. (i.e., Holy Martyrs, St. Martin of Tours, Our Lady of Grace, St. Stephens and Our Lady Help of Christians).
3. Non-Catholic families who are seeking a Catholic private school for their children.
(Families are discouraged from registering in the parish for the sole purpose of admission of their children to St. Francis Xavier School.)
Children entering Grade 1 must be six years of age by August 1st and/or provide evidence of successfully completing Kindergarten in an accredited school.
Children entering Kindergarten must be five years of age by August 1st. All incoming Kindergarten children will participate in the “Development Indicators for the Assessment of Learning” (Dial 4) screening to determine readiness for the Kindergarten. Registration for Kindergarten students is held in the spring. Applications are considered according to the admission priorities.
Names of those interested in registering for St. Francis Xavier School will be taken for each grade level. Once a student has been accepted, a formal registration will be taken, including a non-refundable registration fee.
Diocesan financial aid is FACTS. The link from the Diocese is https://online.factsmgt.
POLICY OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
St. Francis Xavier School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic and national origin in administration of our educational and admissions policies. Nor do we discriminate on the basis of sex in educational programs or employment as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.