Confirmation Program 2021/22
This page is for those students in St. Francis Xavier School and our Public School of Religion who are currently in the ninth grade in the 2021/2022 school year.
This program is led by Deacon Bob and Dawn Cavanaugh (330-764-8958).
- Complete 8th Grade Edge Program or Day School Religion
- Attend monthly Confirmation small group sessions
- Complete monthly reading and participate in the small group sessions
- Attend weekly Mass
- Attend the two Parent/Teen meetings April 2021 & February 2022
- Attend one Confirmation retreat day with parent
- Complete small group stewardship project 2 hours
- Complete parent/teen stewardship project 2 hours
- Complete parent and teen stewardship reflections online
- Complete Confirmation saint report online
- Complete Retreat Reflection online
- Print and complete Confirmation Sponsor Form & return to Dawn via parish office
Here’s the plan:
This year we will be meeting monthly in small groups. All groups meet in the Randel House on their designated day and time. Each month students will discuss different topics in our Catholic faith and deepen their relationship with God on a journey towards the final Sacrament of Initiation, Confirmation.
We have moved to a program by Ascension Press, called Chosen. Students are given a packet with a workbook for them, a guide for parents and a guide for their sponsor. Only the students attend the monthly meetings, but parents and sponsors will be participating and following along in their guide books.
Confirmation Rehearsal Date March 6, 2022
Confirmation Mass Date March 13, 2022
Each teen preparing for confirmation must attend one Confirmation retreat sponsored by our parish. These retreats will include a parent to share the day.
To register for our retreat day please click the button to the right of the date you wish to attend. Registrations open July 1, 2021
Forms You’ll Need
- Stewardship project forms
November 1, 2021
Each parent and teen will complete a Confirmation Stewardship project together. The activity should take 2 hours. Teens will also do 2 hours of service as a small group. See below for some ideas. We want them to serve God’s people…the hungry, homeless and sick. If you are unsure if your idea qualifies, email Dawn at email@example.com or call 330-764-8958. After the project is completed, complete two Google forms (the teen and the parent forms linked above).
We encounter the Lord in service to the least among us, and each teen is asked to complete service hours and reflect on that experience (see link above). Here are some ways you can do that. This list was prepared in June 2020 and updated in January 2021. We recommend you contact each organization to confirm details.
Outdoor work, pruning trees, moving branches, clean-up, mowing
- Children’s Center of Medina County – 330-591-2687 ask for Melissa
- Oasis of Hope – 330-723-3600 ask for Tracy. Bring weeding and trimming tools.
- SHC/The Arc – 440-478-4669 ask for Joan. Bring your tools for weeding, planting, and trimming. Plants will be supplied.
- Samaritan Care – 330-725-4123 ask for Gail. Bring tools to plant flowers. Make sure Gail will have the flowers there.
- Feeding Medina County – email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time. Seeds and tools provided. Need gloves and substantial shoes (no flip flops or sandals). Park at the armory
- Akron Food Bank 330-535-6900
- Feeding Medina County 330-421-4816
- Lodi Family Center 330-302-4182
- Toys for Tots 234-248-6575
- Cleveland Food Bank 216-738-2265