Celebrating Christmas 2020 at St. Francis Xavier
Christmas is a glorious season, and this year we may need it more than ever. As you make your plans for celebrating, we invite you to join the St. Francis Xavier Parish family as we pay homage to the newborn King.
Whether you’re staying safe at home and watching a vibrant, music-filled Mass concelebrated by Father Tony, Father Mike and Father Kondik, anticipating the quiet beauty of an outdoor Mass with piano, handbells and candlelight, or longing to pray together in person, we have options for you.
NOTE: Although all indoor Masses are filled to capacity, you are welcome to register a request for seating by clicking on the red and green buttons and completing the Google form. You will be placed on a waiting list and contacted if space becomes available through a cancelation. Also, please register if you plan to attend 6 p.m. outdoor Mass or to receive Holy Communion at 10 a.m. on Christmas Day in the parking lot.
The red and green buttons take you to a Google form. You should not need a Gmail account to register. You may have more success using a laptop or desktop computer (versus a phone) and using Chrome as your browser. If you still have trouble, please contact Nancy Fiamingo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-764-8957.
The prevalence of the coronavirus in our community requires us to remain flexible while making plans for liturgies that draw the most people and are valued traditions in our families. We appreciate your patience and understanding that Mass times and options may need to change to correspond with guidance from local health officials and the Diocese of Cleveland. Please stay tuned to our website and other channels.
As of Dec. 15, 2020, our Christmas Mass times will be:
Dec. 24 – Access begins at 4 p.m. for our virtual, concelebrated Christmas Mass with vibrant music. Be sure to reserve a “Christmas Kit” by Dec. 13 to enhance your experience.
- Dec. 24 – 4 p.m. in the Church (THIS MASS IS FULL.)
- Dec. 24 – 4 p.m. in the Gym (THIS MASS IS FULL.)
- Dec. 24 – 6 p.m. Candlelight Mass outdoors (weather permitting, with livestream)
- Dec. 25 – 8 a.m. Mass in Church (THIS MASS IS FULL.)
- Dec. 25 – 10 a.m. Holy Communion in the parking lot
- Dec. 25 – 12 noon Mass in Church (THIS MASS IS FULL.)
Registrations and masks are required for all Christmas Eve/Day Masses on our campus.
For those who plan to stay home for this most unusual Christmas and join us virtually for Mass, we have put together a special kit to enhance your online celebration of the Nativity of Our Lord. Our kits will include:
- A copy of “I Heard God Laugh,” the newest book by Matthew Kelly
- An ornament with our parish brand
- A candle to celebrate the birth of the Light of the World
- A bottle of holy water
- An Epiphany blessing kit for “chalking your door”
- A prayer for your Christmas dinner
- Favorite recipes from Father Tony, Father Mike and Father Kondik’s personal files
Thank you to everyone who registered for a Christmas Kit! Our registration period for these is now closed while we assemble all our kits. Pickup time is Sunday, Dec. 20, from 1 to 2 p.m. in front of St. Francis Xavier School.