Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturdays at 5:00 pm
Sundays at 10:00 am
We are so pleased to have received permission by the Diocese of Cleveland to begin the reopening of “live” public masses. In order to preserve the sanctity of the Mass AND ensure the health and safety of all parishioners, we are introducing many new protocols. These procedures are temporary and will be reviewed and possibly adjusted on a weekly basis. Thank you so much for your patience, flexibility and kindness as we continue on this ”journey together.”
In an effort to offer the Eucharist to as many people as possible, weekend Masses will be held outdoors. Parishioners will have the choice to remain in their car and listen to the mass through FM radio station 101.5 or to celebrate Mass in the parking lot and lawn behind the Randel House. The Eucharist will be made available in both locations.
Before You Leave Home
- Read through ALL of the information provided here.
- Take your temperature. If it is above 100.4 degrees or you aren’t feeling well, please opt to stay home. The dispensation from attendance at Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation will continue. Those who do not feel safe attending Mass in person are encouraged to watch the recorded version of the mass that will remain available through our Youtube channel.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Bring a mask/face covering for everyone in your family over the age of 2.
- Bring portable chairs for you and your family if you intend to celebrate in the parking lot (or lawn) near the Randel House.
- Bring hand sanitizer.
- Check your email, social media or Flocknote (Visit https://SFXMedina.flocknote.com/StFrancisXavierP to sign up) for any updates concerning weather cancellation, change of venue, etc.
Arriving for Mass
- Plan to arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the start of Mass.
- If you are planning to sit in a lawn chair, please enter on Washington Street (when that lot is full you will be directed to the Spring Grove entrance). Park and carry your chairs following the ushers’ directions. (Communion will not be made available to this area.)
- If you are planning to participate from your car please place a colored paper on your dashboard. These cars will only enter off Spring Grove; please follow the parking attendants’ instructions.
- Parking attendants will direct you to a parking space. Handicapped parking will be available.
- A mask/face covering must be worn from the time you arrive until you leave the church parking lot, except while consuming Holy Communion.
- For those choosing to celebrate Mass outside your car, exit your vehicle and follow the instructions provided by the parking attendants.
- You and your family will be directed to sit in a 10’ x 10’ marked area in the parking lot or lawn of the Randel House. If you choose to remain in your car, tune your radio to the designated station (most likely will be FM 101.5) and wait for Mass to begin.
- Please be mindful of others while walking to your designated seating area. Allow for a 6’ radius between you/your family and other parishioners. Currently, we are asking that you avoid mingling and direct socializing with other parishioners.
- The Sign of Peace will be omitted per diocesan directives.
- Your weekly offertory gift can be deposited in baskets at the church’s entrance or exits, however we encourage you to use online giving. Instructions can be found here.
- The Holy Eucharist will be brought to each parishioner who chooses to receive. The Precious Blood will not be distributed at this time.
- Prior to receiving communion, please use your own hand sanitizer.
- After you are offered the host, receive it in your hand. Wait for the priest/deacon or extraordinary minister to leave your 10’ x 10’ area. Remove your mask/face covering, consume the Eucharist, then replace your mask/face covering.
- For those remaining in their cars, an usher will indicate when to have everyone in your car exit and stand in front of your car, wearing your mask/face covering. Stand single file until you are offered the host. Receive it in your hand and wait for the priest/deacon, or extraordinary minister of Holy Communion to move on to the next vehicle. Remove your mask/face covering, consume the Eucharist, and then replace your mask/face covering before re-entering your car. Please be respectful of others and maintain social distancing as you get back inside your vehicle.
- If you are unable to exit your vehicle, please turn on your headlights so that communion can be brought to your car window.
- After the final blessing, gather your chair(s). An usher will dismiss you to your vehicle. Again, we ask that you refrain from socializing and maintain a social distance from fellow parishioners.
- Parking attendants will direct you to depart from the Washington Street or Smith Road exits.