Thank you to everyone who came out to support the Feb. 7 blood drive! Your gifts of blood show our care for the vulnerable among us. Vitalant was able to collect 18 units of blood, which will sustain or save the lives of up to 54 people! Your donation also helped our school earn another $600 Vitalant grant, which will be put toward technology in our school.
All donors’ blood is being tested for COVID-19 antibodies. These tests will indicate if a donor’s immune system has produced antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, regardless of whether he or she developed symptoms.
Vitalant provides this test at no cost to donors (on all successfully completed donations) to find potential convalescent plasma donors who might be able to help patients currently battling COVID-19. Donors may access their online donor account within two weeks of donating to learn their antibody status (positive or negative).
- To donate, visit www.vitalant.org.
- If you’ve never donated before, it will ask donor to enter Zip Code and
- Click on Log In button in upper right corner
- On the new page that opens,
Select either Donor Login, Create Login, or New Donor
• Donor Login – if you’ve already created an account
• Create Login – if you have your donor ID but haven’t created account
• New Donor – to make an appointment without creating an account