Our students will be confirmed April 16, 2023.
Confirmation rehearsal will be March 19, 2023.
This page is for those students in St. Francis Xavier School, our Public School of Religion who are currently in the ninth grade in the 2022/2023 school year, or any high school teen (9th grade or higher) who has not yet completed a Confirmation preparation program and received the Sacrament.
This program is led by Deacon Bob and Dawn Cavanaugh (email@example.com or 330-764-8958).
- Complete 8th Grade Edge Program or Day School Religion
- Attend monthly Confirmation small group sessions beginning September 2022
- Complete the Chosen series videos online
- Attend weekly Mass
- Attend one of two information meetings
- Attend one Confirmation retreat (options below)
- Attend all monthly Confirmation meetings held on Sunday evening with Mass
- Complete Confirmation entrance interview (dates and times below with link to sign up)
- Attend 4 Life Nights (2 per semester); dates click button below
- Complete 8 service hours – 2 with parent or adult sponsor
- Complete parent and teen service reflections (forms below)
- Complete Confirmation saint report (online)
- Complete Retreat Reflection (online)
- Print and complete Confirmation Sponsor Form & return to Dawn via parish office (original paper copy)
Extra forms that need to be turned in your folder April 1, 2023
Forms to fill out online
Sunday Confirmation Meetings | 5:30 – 8:30 pm
- Sept. 25, 2022
- Oct. 16, 2022
- Nov. 20, 2022
- Dec. 11, 2022
- Jan. 22, 2023
- Feb. 26, 2023
- March 12, 2023
Fall Retreat – held at St. Leonard Retreat House in Avon. Nov. 4 -6, 2022. A weekend put on by the Life Teen Core team. The retreat invites teens to rediscover the joy of the Lord. We explore how joy drastically differs from happiness, what it means to be joyful in moments of suffering, and the many ways Christ and the Church invite us to experience deep, lasting joy. This retreat encourages teens to set aside the short-lived pleasures with which they are bombarded each day and instead seek out what good things God has in store for us when we learn to joyfully trust in Him. The goal of Focal Point is for teens to understand that encountering Jesus will fill them with lasting joy, allowing them to share the Good News of Christ with others.
CLE 21:6 – held at John Carroll University – Jan 7, 2023 CLE 21:6 is a daylong event sponsored by the Office of Youth Ministry to ignite teens in their faith and to gather in fellowship as the young Church. Exploring Matthew 21:6, CLE 21:6 will help to launch teens into following Christ and living as missionary disciples.
Peer to Peer Retreat – held at St. Leonard Retreat House in Avon. March 4 & 5, 2023. Theme TBD. This retreat is put on by our upperclassmen. It is a weekend full of witnesses by our young Church. Sharing experiences and growing together. We have Reconciliation, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, games, fun, food and will learn new types of prayer — all helping us to become better disciples of our faith.