Ministry Leader Resources
Event Planning Guidelines
Reserving a Room
Call the Parish Office (330-725-4968) to reserve a room (CH-Church, CR-Church Rectory, CB-Church Basement, RH-Randel House, SCH-School, XR-Xavier Room, 125, LR-Loyola Room). You will need to complete a Meeting Space Request Form, detailing how the space will be used. This form should be returned to the parish office no later than 1 week prior to your event.
Due to the size of our parish and the number of events, it is wise to call months in advance to make sure the room is available for your event. The parish calendar for the year is established in June; if possible, please submit meeting or event dates and spaces desired to the Parish Office by mid-May.
At this time, only parish events will be held on parish grounds.
- Be considerate. Kindly call the Parish Office if you no longer need the space requested.
- At the time of reserving the room, you will be reminded that if a set-up is needed for your particular event, an Event Set-Up Form must be completed and received in the Parish Office NO LATER THAN 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- Certain parish and school programs will take precedence over other programs. Priority will be established based on the listing below. Once rooms are booked, calendar changes will be negotiated with the consent of the group having the scheduled priority and the Parish Office.
- Parish Liturgical/Sacramental Celebrations
- Sacramental Programs
- Day School
- Religious Education Programs – Parish School of Religion (PSR), including Edge, Life Teen, Vacation Bible School, Edge Camp.
- Commissions, PTC
- Market Day, Bingo
- All others – sports, Scouts, etc.
Variables Taking Precedence:
There are times when certain functions take precedence over all other activities:
- Parish Mission
- Parish Social
If using the Xavier Room, please print and fill out a Xavier Room set-up form (on the reverse of the Meeting Space Request Form) showing your desired configuration of the tables, chairs, etc. For all other spaces, your own sketch will be appreciated.
- Set-up forms should be turned in to the Parish Office; copies will be made by a secretary and distributed to maintenance personnel. If a form is not received seven days prior to the event, you will be responsible for your own set up.
- You will be contacted if there are questions about the set-up and to inform you of the name and phone number of your go-to person who will be responsible for the set-up. You should receive this information three to five days prior to the event.
- If you are able to set up your own reserved room for your event, THANK YOU! Your willingness and cooperation are greatly appreciated!
- You are responsible for any decorations. Maintenance personnel will set up tables and chairs, etc., as requested on the Meeting Space Request Form. If you use parish-owned cloth tablecloths, maintenance will wash and store them. Please shake them out over a garbage can and place in a clear garbage can (these are stored in the rectory closet with the tablecloths) in the room you use.
- Please leave your meeting space at least as nice as you found it. Let’s work together to make your event/meeting a success!
- Please be responsible and treat all buildings, rooms and equipment as if they are your own.
- Children should be properly supervised and are not permitted to run or roam through the halls. Please be mindful and respectful that other events may be occurring in the same facility as your event.
- If you need the sound system or projection equipment, be sure you know how to operate it. If you need training, please mark it on the Meeting Space Request Form and someone will show you how to use it.
- Keys may be obtained from the parish office during office hours only. All keys must be signed out by an adult. Doors should be re-locked once all attendees have arrived. If you must leave the doors unlocked, please have someone attending the door. Please return keys to the Parish Office prior to closing, or in the mail slot on the door after hours, as keys may be needed for another event.
- Kindly leave the room as (or better than!) you found it. Be good stewards when it comes to cleaning tables, putting garbage in the trash cans, etc. Large amounts of trash can be deposited in the dumpster in the parking lot; smaller amounts can be left for the next day’s cleaning crew.
- If the kitchen is used in the Randel House or Church Basement, please clean up after yourself.
- When your event ends, please turn off the lights and equipment. If you adjusted the temperature, please reset the thermostat to 63 degrees (in winter) or turn the A/C off (in summer).