Confirmation Program 2018-2019
This page is for those students who entered the eighth grade in August 2018 and will be confirmed Sunday, Nov. 3, 2019.
Students in our Parish School of Religion and who attend St. Francis Xavier School will prepare together for the sacrament of Confirmation one Thursday evening each month.
This program is led by Deacon Bob and Dawn Cavanaugh (330-764-8958).
Confirmandi must attend four of these Life Teen events:
5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Includes Mass, dinner and fun!
- Sept. 15 – Kickoff
- Sept. 22 – Jesus the Living Sacrament
- Sept. 29 – Grace
- Oct. 6 – Active Participation
- Oct. 13 – XLT
- Oct. 20 – Sacramental Worldview
- Oct. 25-27 – Fall Retreat – SPOKEN
Confirmation practice Oct. 13
- If you are in the 2 p.m. Mass group, you will attend practice from 12 noon to 2:30 p.m. in the church.
- If you are in the 5:30 p.m. Mass group, you will attend practice from 4 to 6:30 p.m. in the church.
Sunday, Nov. 3, at 2 p.m. or 5:30 p.m.
Register here for your preferred time.
All Confirmation students must attend ONE retreat. Two opportunities remain:
- Aug. 25 – Confirmation Retreat Day – 10am-6:30pm (includes Mass) at St. Francis Xavier REGISTER HERE
- Oct. 25-27 – Life Teen Fall Retreat at St. Leonard’s Retreat Center in Avon REGISTER HERE
Forms you’ll need:
Stewardship project forms due May 30.
Teen form Parent form
The Confirmation Stewardship project is done with your teen. The activity should take 2 to 4 hours. Suggestion: sorting food at a food bank, serving meals at a shelter, playing games/visiting with residents at a nursing home. We want them to serve God’s people…the hungry, homeless and sick. If you are unsure if your idea qualifies, email Dawn at email@example.com or call 330-764-8958. After the project is completed, complete two forms (linked above).