Gift Card Program
Support St. Francis Xavier Parish without spending an extra dime!
That’s the beauty of our parish Gift Card Program.
The program, managed by Natalie Boothe and Kelly Klik, gives parishioners and their friends or businesses an opportunity to purchase gift cards – at face value – for things they’re going to buy anyway. The parish makes money because vendors sell the cards to the parish at a discount.
For example, if you plan to buy groceries, you might pick up a $100 gift card. The card cost the parish $95. That $5 difference might not seem like a lot – but it adds up.
What’s even better for families is that the parish will split the profits with you, to help offset the costs of tuition and fees at St. Francis Xavier School or the Parish School of Religion. Your portion of the profit comes as an annual check each summer. Some families’ checks this year topped $500.
That check also means you’re making an equal donation to the church.
“I think it’s a good idea,” says Diane Ollom, who purchased gift cards when she picked up her granddaughters after school. “I’m going to spend the money anyway.”
Sharon Tahajod buys gas cards for her son. “If he doesn’t have cash, it comes in handy,” explains Sharon, adding that she is trying to “step it up” and use gift cards for her regular shopping to raise more money for the parish.
You can buy gift cards:
- In person, at the parish office during the week (except Mondays) and after all weekend Masses outside the priests’ garages, or in the church basement on Hospitality Sundays (first Sunday of most months).
- Online. To set up an online account, email email@example.com to receive St. Francis Xavier’s unique access code. Orders may be placed and paid for online, then picked up at the school or parish office. Some cards can be reloaded online, so you don’t even have to pick up a new card.
- Mobile site. Once you have set up your online account, you may log in via any mobile device at myscripwallet.com. You can access your online ordering history and options as well as purchase or reload instant e-gift cards.
Own a business? Consider buying gas cards for your fleet, or other cards for employees’ Christmas gifts. “One company used to give away Honeybaked Hams,” Beth says. The company switched to giving an equal amount in Honeybaked Ham gift cards, which cost the same, proved easier to manage, and made a nice donation to the parish.
Planning a big remodeling project or technology investment? Buy gift cards for Home Depot or the Apple store, then use them like cash.
We also stock gift cards for local businesses, such as Buckeye Car Wash, which is owned by a parishioner and gives back 20 percent to the parish.
The program holds great potential as a lucrative fundraiser that doesn’t ask parishioners to buy something they don’t need or want. Cards can be purchased in a variety of denominations, making them convenient gifts for teachers, bus drivers, coaches and more.
Many other retailers across the country participate in this program, and with a little notice we are happy to special-order cards you might want or need. For a complete list of those cards we can order, visit glscrip.com or scrippro.com.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the parish office, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays at the parish office, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday at the parish office 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Immediately after all weekend Masses at a table in front of the priests’ garage (in decent weather) or the church basement (if it’s raining or very cold)
(Cards are inventoried and restocked every Monday and therefore are unavailable for purchase.)
Due to the discounts provided by the retailers, we may only accept cash or a check as payment. Or, check out our online buying options listed above.
Call the parish office at 330-725-4968, or email gift card program manager Natalie Boothe (firstname.lastname@example.org).